Frequently Asked Questions
Many of your questions may be answered by our FAQs below. If anything is still not answered, please send us an email at help@KarmaCircles.com
Click a question to see the answer.
- What is KarmaCircles?
- KarmaCircles is a platform to search for skilled people, request them for an online/phone/in-person meeting and then thank them for the time & help given by them. People give their time out of the goodness of their heart and to build their online reputation around various skills.
- What all can I do on KarmaCircles?
- After you register on KarmaCircles app using your Linkedin or Facebook credentials, you can search for professionals by keywords, skills and location. Then you can send them a meeting request or thank them for a meeting in the past.
- What is KarmaFeed?
- KarmaFeed is a snapshot of what's happening on KarmaCircles platform. You can see who is joining the platform, who is helping who and what kinds of questions are being asked.
- What is a KarmaNote
- KarmaNote is a form of thank-you note (message of appreciation) for taking the time to help you with something. PLEASE NOTE THAT IT IS NOT FEEDBACK. One should be thankful to the KarmaGiver for the time that they gave you. It doesn’t matter whether their advice was useful or not. You also get the opportunity to endorse the KarmaGiver for up to three skills.
- Why should I send a KarmaNote to my KarmaGiver?
- Your KarmaGiver took time out of his/her busy schedule to help you with something. So, it makes sense to thank that person publicly. It takes 30 seconds to write a KarmaNote and goes a long way to build your credibility with the KarmaGiver. You also get 2 Karma points for sending a KarmaNote to someone.
- Who all can I send KarmaNote to?
- You can send KarmaNote to anyone who did a KarmaMeeting with you. You can also send a KarmaNote to anyone for a “KarmaMeeting” that you had with them in the past.
- Can I hide a KarmaNote?
- You can change status of a KarmaNote from visible to hidden (or viceversa) at any point of time. It will no longer be visible on your profile but it could still be visible on the other person’s profile.
- What are KarmaGroups? Who is it meant for?
- You can create a private community for your organization (such as a college, co-working space, alumini associations, corporates or communities) within KarmaCircles. It allows you to create a culture of giving within your organization. You can also create subgroups and send several kinds of notifications to your members. Admins also get access to the group analytics.
- How can I create a group on KarmaCircles
- How does creating a group for my alumni network help?
- Most alumni platforms have member directory, basic search and messaging features. They don't have mobile apps and they don't give reasons to members to help each other. When you bring your alumni network on KarmaCircles, we make it easy for them to help others and help them build their online reputation.
- What is a query? When should I use it?
- When you don't know who can help you, you can post a query and specify the skills of the person who may be able to help. The query is then shown to thousands of others members and they can offer help on your query.
- What does offering help on a query means?
- When you offer help on a query, you express the intention to help the person who posted the query. The query poster can request a meeting with you. You can also follow a query or comment on queries posted by others.
- What all is shared on KarmaCircles platform?
- All the messages that you send to a KarmaGiver requesting a KarmaMeeting or to schedule the meeting are visible only to you and the KarmaGiver. The KarmaNote you send to a KarmaGiver is visible on your profile and the KarmaGiver's profile.
Work with us
- How can I work with KarmaCircles?
- Sign up for the KarmaCircles app and send your resume to
with what you would like to do for us.
- What is KarmaCircles Leadership Program?
- KarmaCircles Leadership Program is an internship for college students, which can also be done remotely. It helps campus leaders create a reputation for themselves in their professional circle. We coach them on social media skills and sales skills during the first two modules. The third module is on product management and the last module is on entrepreneurship.